Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Year in Review: Before/After

Darin bought this gun cabinet for me for Christmas last year.  I had boards cut for shelves, removed the wooden squares from the front, and painted it.  I love how it turned out.  I needed a place to display pretties! 

This was a screen.  I removed the screen and added chicken wire and a chalkboard. 
Love how this free coffee table turned out!  It was being kicked to the curb at Lake Jack Nolan and my sweet friend, Melissa Jones, called me to the rescue. 

I found these 2 end tables and a matching dresser at a yard sale. 

This was the end of a free crib that I was given.  I made 2 of these chalkboards and used the spring as a painted message board. (see below)
Some of our neighbors where moving and selling this great patio set.  It included the table and 6 chairs.  Our existing set only had 4 chairs.  I purchased this set for $25, painted them, bought new cushions and sold our old table for $45! So, for the price of new cushions, I had a completely new set that accomodated our family better.  I love the bright colors, they just scream SUMMER!


I found this chest at Savers. I can't remember the exact cost but it was under $35. 

This dresser was bought for me by my mom as a fundraiser for my Nicaragua trip.  She paid $25 for it at an estate sale at Gorman Tower. I upcycled it and sold it for $125! Nice profit for my trip!


This was a sweet Craigslist find that ended up moving down the street to my neighbor's house. 



This end table was a yard sale find for $5.  I painted the table and chevron and Dane helped me with the Razorback.  It sold in our Thrifty Gypsy booth. 
This chest was a great Abilities Unlimited find. 
This was a custom paint job for a friend. Wish I could find the before pix?! 
I loved the heavy/chunky appearance of these tables.  Painted with Annie Sloan chalk paint and stained on top. 

This was a custom paint job.  This counter went into a children's consignment shop and the sewing cabinet is a display. 

Love this vintage door upcycle!  I had the door cut in two and painted chalkboard in the inset area.  I added the hooks.  Wouldn't it be great in a kitchen, laundry room, or kids room?!  The posibilities are endless.  I just wish I had a spot for it! 
This little table is one of my all time faves!  A friend found it for me and it was love at first sight.  I pictured her in an entry with lamps and accessories but she ended up being a display table in a shop. 
I have had so much fun this past year and can't wait to see what projects are waiting in 2013!

1 comment:

  1. How much fun is all your stuff!! I am so happy you! Your stuff is great!

    ReplyDelete