Saturday, March 23, 2013

Home Improvement Updates

 The past couple of months have been great for home improvement.  We have had several things that have needed to be done for a while.  It feels soooo good to be checking things off the list!
Every time I see the above pix, I think it is Darin!  Nope, it's Daks!  He helped me remove the carpet and tack strip from the jack and jill bath areas. Seriously, who puts carpet in a kid's bath/sink area? The wet area had tile but it needed to be ripped out so that all the tile would match! Fun!
 Did I mention that the carpet is to be laid the day before we host the 9th grade boys for D-Now? Nothing like a little stress!
 I absolutely LOVE the new carpet in the bedrooms.  It was sooo needed!
 Dane got a full size bed and we re-arranged his bed.  He had outgrown the twin!
 Our garbage disposal recently went out.  Our white sink was so disgusting that it was just a given that the sink needed to be replaced while the plumber was here for the disposal.  We chose a one basin granite sink. The salesman said that the younger ladies choose the 1 basin since they rarely wash/rinse dishes.  I like that!  It is so much more roomy with the divider gone....and it holds a ton of dirty dishes. :) I love the dark color so that it won't show stain.  We kept our original faucet for now, since it was still working and I didn't want to spend another $200!
 We are planning to get a pool this summer so a little landscaping work was desperately needed!  Max had destroyed our beds but since he found a new home, it was time to re-claim them!
 I have been eyeing these Blue Cedar Atlas trees for some time.  I had priced them at Sharum's for $200+.  When I "happened" upon them at Lowe's for $75, I could NOT resist!  I was giddy....the boys, not so much.  We really had to be creative on getting it in the Suburban without breaking it. We ended up buying 2. One for the front flower bed and one for the back. I think it really updates the house!

 Oops, this got out of order but it is D breaking out the old tile.  Not a fun job!
 In process....Tony Bracamontes, from church, did the beds for us.  We had these pavers from where the swing set had been and thought about using them for border.  However, Tony knew of a good price on rock and we decided to go with that instread.  Hmmm, now what to do with these pavers??

 Scott Chronister, from our life group, came and laid the tile while we were out of town one weekend. I love it!

 The completed beds with the rock border!  Now to keep it all alive....



 Next on the list was getting our 1 lone tree trimmed.  Chuy's tree service came and did a great job.
 hmm, not symmetrical yet!
That's better!  They were in and out in an hour and had great pricing.  We have had 2 neighbors use them since.  I am wanting to have a small deck built around this tree once the pool is in.  I think we are ready now!

No comments:

Post a Comment