Thursday, May 22, 2014

Head On Part ll





 Erin's birthday was Thursday, May 29, just 1 week after the accident and just 2 days after her surgery. She was still in so much pain but we managed to celebrate and have a party anyway.


During all of this recovery, we ended up taking our bed down and buying a headboard and rail that was lower.  I was in so much pain that I slept on the couch for the first 2 weeks. I eventually was able to sleep in the bed but had to have a step ladder to keep from dying. Sleeping is still uncomfortable. There are only certain positions I can lay in and it really hurts to turn over.  I do a lot of moaning and groaning with every turn. I am sure D is ready for that to be over....oh wait, he can't hear anything when he sleeps, I'm all good. :) I am still not able to lift much and it still hurts to touch my ribs. I ended up having torn cartilage, which they say can take a long time to heal and sometimes it doesn't heal. For several weeks, I could feel it moving when I would take a deep breath. When we went to church at the Edge, I could fee the bass vibrating just in my left ribs. It was a very strange sensation. I was sure that I had broken one but Dr. Scott did the tuning fork and determined it was torn cartilage. 
The new bed... I am really enjoying not having to climb to get in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment