I went to Little Rock to attend a visitation for my cousin's father, Bill Stanton, that passed away. Teri and I went to the visitation while the little boys stayed with Raylene then I spent the night with Raylene. The next morning, I was awakened by Raylene calling my name over and over. I got up and to everyone's surprise, a snake had come up her sink drain. What to do? We were both terrified even though we knew it was not poisonous. We stood there trying to figure it out as he slithered his way up to her window blinds. Raylene brought in a bucket and we were hoping to get him in it but no luck. He wound himself around and through the blind so I decided I could pull the blind down and he would be trapped in it. Raylene got a small shovel. Once the blind hit the floor, I took the shovel and smashed him to smitherines...it was quite the undertaking. At one point, Raylene and I were holding onto each other and screaming. What a morning! She is still traumatized and talks about how glad she was that I was there to save her.
No comments:
Post a Comment