Daks and I started our day early by taking the water taxi over to Coronado.
Our hotel is the middle, pointed tower.
This is our party and we can have brownie cookie chocolate fudge ice cream goodness for breakfast if we want to!
We were going to take the free shuttle to Hotel Del Coronado but it was taking forever to pick up. We decided to walk the 1.5 miles and take in the beautiful neighborhood! We walked and talked and dreamed and imagined...what it would be like to live here. We later learned that the "island" is mainly inhabited by Navy retirees. We agreed that we could live here if Darin put in for a move to the home office.
The houses were small and close together. The yards were immaculate. Each house looked different and had it's own identity. We fell in love!
Then...we saw her!!! Hotel Del
I have had her on my Bucket List for about 13 years now.
She did not disappoint. The only thing that could've made our visit any better was for Darin to have been able to be there with us. It was amazing, divine...everything I had ever imagined, and more.
She was celebrating her 125th anniversary.
Jellyfish in the tide pools.Very interesting. I had never seen a red one.
We dipped our toes in the chilly Pacific waters.
Daks wrote in the sand for Natalie...it was their 3 month anniversary.
The lobby of the Hotel
The gold ribbon around the top was in celebration of the 125th anniversary.
We had a fabulous lunch beach side.
After our Hotel Del visit, Daks got to the important stuff...
He could NOT wait to do the Segway tour around the "island".
I was a bit nervous and unsure. Daks told me later that he was beginning to think that he was going to have to go on the tour without me. haha. I am not the most coordinated person but I was resolved to try new things. It was a blast! I would definitely recommend it and will do it again.
I love this picture! These boats are called Dingys. Their owners live on the boats you see in the bay. The ride the Dingys over to the island to go to work. When they get off work, they hop back in their Dingys and row out to their homes. The tour guide explained it as a trailer park on the water. Several of these areas exist but this was the lowest priced one. Many of them have waiting lists for years.
I was fascinated by this Dole ship from Hondorus. There was container after container of Pineapple.
After our tour, we quickly walked back to the water taxi area and hurried back to the hotel to get ready to join Darin and some of his peers for dinner. We had a wonderful day in Coronado and I will never forget it. #Blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment