Well, we called to check on granny and she mentioned that she had walked to the mailbox and tried to clear off her driveway from the snow on December 6. I nearly had a heart attach and admonished her to not go out there again, she doesn't need a broken hip, etc. She was determined to get that driveway clear so Darin and the boys went over there and shoveled and cleared her drive for 2 hours. Darin told her it would freeze overnight again and she did not need to get out on it in the morning.
But she is stubborn...and did...and fell!
Jessica and Brad Hamilton were driving by and saw her laying in the snow up by the mailbox. Thank the Lord! She could've frozen to death lying there. They stopped and Jackie Brown (who lives in her old house) came up to help them get her up and back in the house. This would end up being the start of her journey to Brookfield. After talking to Carolyn and Mike, it was agreed that he would come get her and take her to Oklahoma for 2 weeks,
Carolyn, Abbe, and I got busy and found a spot for her at Brookfield, that we are all happy with. I am praying that she will adjust well. I have taken her car keys away. Mike and Debbie ended up not being able to keep her the whole time. He showed up with a trailer and moved her into Brookfield 4 days before we were allowed to move her in. Just a little bit of a stressful situation.
I hired Randall Barbry to cut down the tree. They laid it by the road for the city to pick up but they never did. I had to get another guy to come haul it off. They boys raked about 30 bags of leaves from the trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment