Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Before/After: A Kitchen Update

 After 8 years of the same green paint in the kitchen, I decided it was time to lighten up! I started playing with paint colors after Ace had a 99 cent sale on sample colors. I had been wanting to try the BM Revere Pewter and it did not disappoint. I started doing the cutting in early in the week and Darin eventually helped me finish it off the next week. I love how light and airy it is!


 I didn't like the yellowness of the pendant shades. I changed them out with the cage shades that actually kinda match the new flush mount in the hall area. Love!


 I have been filling in for Dr. Dunavin at least one day a week and sometimes more. I decided it was finally time to get the new stove in! I love the double ovens and am so happy to have all of my appliances to match each other!
 Butch Been came and cut out the platform that was below the old one and removed it. He had to do some trimming to get it ready for the new one. Now, just to get the new tile down. This will be a huge job and we probably just need to do it when we go out of town. I like the 12x24 tiles, similar to this one.
 Granite countertops will be the final update!
 I also got some painted matched to clean up the back door where Tanner had destroyed the trim, trying to get inside during storms.
 That 99 cent paint sale inspired several  projects. I decided to paint the inside and outside of the back door. I love the turquoise around the pool area. It is bright and cheerful.




 Back door before/after on the outside.
 I also ordered new patio furniture and love it. I'd like to have a covered porch or pergola built to kinda protect it from mildew, etc.
 Kitchen "before"

I love the outdoor sectional and my garage sale find rug! So festive and cozy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment